Our exciting snack bar and takeaway provides a big range of hot and cold drinks including bean to cup coffee, a variety of teas and soft drinks, snacks and tasty breakfast and lunch items. The Kiosk also provides training and employment for our members and we can promise you a warm welcome, tasty home made food and excellent customer service.
We have a highly recommended catering team for your function, meeting or party and can take care of all your catering requirements. Our customers comment regularly on our quality, professionalism and value for money and Islington Environmental Health Officers have given us an ‘excellent’ inspection report with a four star ‘Scores on the Doors’ rating.
Our friendly and professional team can provide full catering at external events including waiting/serving staff at highly competitive rates. The great thing about this scheme is that not only do you get delicious food and drinks at competitive prices but our members also get paid the going rate for the job and have the opportunity to undertake real work in the real world. If you think we can help with your catering needs please visit our London Caterers website or call us on 020 7700 6408 and speak with Janet or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a range of set menu options - please click here to see sample menus (PDF document) - or are happy to cater to your specific requirements.
At Hillside we provide a wide range of prevocational and vocational supports to help people into work, education and mainstream activities but existing members also benefit from our Recovery! Project which provides a holistic and joined up approach to problem solving and other areas of our members’ lives.
We aim for members to have better life chances, maintain good mental and physical health, improve lifeskills and be more active in their communities.
The Project provides:
- practical support (e.g. accompanying to appointments, dispute resolution, debt help, benefits problems, personal one to one time) with the aim of avoiding/minimising crises;
- advocacy (with the aim that members become more able, confident and secure entitlements and needs);
- social activities (organising outings and a holiday in mainstream settings) with the aim of increasing community participation;
- outreach and home visits (with the aim of keeping members well through regular telephone contact, home visits to ensure that they do not become isolated or disengaged).
- provision of a healthy daily low cost meal (with the aim of supporting physical health).
- basic skills training
Islington Community Mental Health Development Work Service
Hillside Clubhouse no longer provides this service. The new Islington Community Mental Health and Wellbeing Promotion Service is provided by Manor Gardens Welfare Trust from 1 July. Please contact them on 020 7561 5291 or email email@example.com.